Sunday, January 10, 2010

Why French Women Don't Get Fat


"Nothing is sinfully delicious"

Due to the very cold and snowy weather recently I have been spending a lot of my time indoors.It has been a nice chance to watch tv and read books.One of the books I read was 'Why French Women Don't Get Fat - The Secret of Eating for Pleasure' by Mireille Guiliano.I originally read this a few years ago but it is the type of book you can read over and over and always get something new from it.

It is very easy to read because it is entertaining as well as informative. I guess it is a diet book but unlike any other diet book I have ever read before. It is definately not 'preachy'and does not ban any type of foods. The key is everything in moderation. Also there are some pretty nice recipes to try.
After reading the book I set out a few new years resolutions for myself:

1. Drink more water
2. Eat more fruit and vegetables
3. Incorporate more exercise into my normal day ie walk to work, take the stairs
4. Identify the foods/drinks I really love and really savour them when I have them. Do not eat something which is bad/unhealthy just for the sake of it if I do not really enjoy it.

No comments: