Friday, January 8, 2010

Burts Bees Lip Shimmer



“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.”~Audrey Hepburn

A few months ago I bought a Burts Bees lip shimmer & it has been a favourite product of mine ever since. Infact I would go so far as to say that I absoutley love it.

I like it because it is a natural product & offers moisture & a slick of colour to the lips. However my favourite aspect is that the peppermint makes your lips tingle gently when you apply.

The colour (I bought raisin) is quite strong so I usually wear it in the evening or sometimes during the day if I need a little pick me up. I love the consistency also. It is not waxy like many lip sticks & I find the colour lasts quite well. They come in seven different colours so I am sure there is a shade to suit everyone. I plan to buy ‘fig’ next & as they are so inexpensive I will not feel bad spending my money on it.

The tube is quite attractive & a great size (skinnier than a standard lip stick) so fits well into any size bag.

As I loved this product so much I also went out & bought the beeswax lip balm in a little pot. I am not so taken with this product. I found it quite hard to get out of the pot(it is very solid) & it does not effectively moisturize my lips. I think I will stick with my old reliable Vaseline for now!

No comments: