Sunday, January 3, 2010

Tea



There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. ~Henry James, The Portrait of a Lady

Happy New Year Everyone.
Now that the excesses of the festive period are over its time to enjoy some healthy treats.One of my favourite presents this christmas was a bodum loose teapot and a selection of loose teas listed below:

Jasmine Superior

The oldest scented tea in the world,
the tea leaves are repeatedly mixed
with fresh jasmine flowers to give it
this unique, pleasant smell and flavour,
is an excellent digestive for rich food

Euro 6.50 for 100g

Peppermint

Dried mint leaves with a very fresh and aromatic
flavour and smell,
makes an excellent summer drink or can be used for mixing
does not contain any caffeine

Euro 3.70 for 100g

Camomile

Pure camomile blossoms with a wonderful
aromatic, wholesome taste
Excellent quality from the South-West of Germany
does not contain any caffeine

Euro 3.80 for 100g

Each tea is supplied in a pretty paper bag & I have to warn you that they smell very strong.Some people may not like this but I do not mind. Infact I love the smell and the appearance of the loose tea, especially the camomile flowers. Also it only takes a very small amount to make a pot of tea so I think the 100g bags will last a long time. On the front of each bag there are very clear instructions telling you how much tea to use & how long each one has to brew for.

The teas were purchased from 'house of tea'. As they was a gift I have not been in to the shop yet. However I have browsed the excellent website & I plan to make the trip to the shop in the IFSC very soon. The website is wonderful, so informative & there are so many wonderful teas listed on it that I want to try.

I have always been a lover of tea but have only used tea bags in the past. Now I have a brand new hobby.

You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me. ~C.S. Lewis

No comments: