Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Weleda Aknedoron Cleansing Lotion


How strange that Nature does not knock, and yet does not intrude! ~Emily Dickinson

I love trying new products especially cleansers. As per my earlier review, at the moment I really love the bnatural cleanser from Tesco. However before I started to use this I was using Weleda Aknedoron Cleaning Lotion.

When I first started using the Weleda cleanser I loved the stuff. The smell is divine. It contains essential oils of orange, grapefruit, lavender and rosemary; calendula and chamomile; together with sunflower and olive oil based cleansers. I have listed the ingredients below just to show how lovely they are. Unbelievably this is all it contains:

Deionised water (Aqua); Sunflower and Olive Oil Soft Soap (Helianthus annuus and Olea europaea Soft Soap); Rice starch (Oryzae amylum); Tinctures of Chamomile (Chamomilla recutita) and Calendula (Calendula officinalis); Essential Oils* of: Orange (Citrus dulcis); Lemon (Citrus limonum), Lavender/Lavandin (Lavandula angustifolia/Lavandula hybrida), Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis), Grapefruit (Citrus grandis); Juices of Lemon (Citrus limonum) and Grapefruit (Citrus grandis) ; Lanolin; Oleic acid. *Contains natural constituents Limonene, Linalool, Geranoil and Citral.

It comes in an unusual jar (like something you would see in an old time pharmacy). I thought it was quite cute but I can imagine how it might be annoying for travel etc (unfortunately for me I did not have any travel plans whilst I was using it!!).

I just put a little drop on a cotton wool bud & it worked effectively to remove makeup. It was even gentle enough to remove eye makeup.

This product is designed for oily skin & I do not think it is suitable for my combination/sensitive skin. It did not really do any harm but I feel the bnatural cleanser leaves my skin much brighter & clearer.

However I would recommend for anyone with oily skin to give the Weleda Aknedoron Cleansing Lotion a try.

No comments: