Sunday, March 7, 2010

Maybelline Pure Liquid Mineral Foundation


I bought this foundation in Boots around Christmas time so I have been using it on and off for a few months now. I bought the shade ivory and I think it is a perfect match for my skin tone. Often I find that foundations are slightly too pale or slightly too dark so I was really happy with the shade. Also I am really impressed that it contains SPF15 which is better protection than most foundations offer.

My skin is combination and sometimes this foundation does not offer great coverage or stay on my skin very long. It can make my nose look very oily and I always have to wear powder over it just to hide this. However some days when my skin is less oily it can go on well and look really nice and natural. On those days I adore this foundation.

I want to point out that that this is marketed as a mineral foundation so I thought it might be paraben free but I was disappointed to see that it contains all the usual nasties.

If have dry or normal skin and are looking for a nice natural foundation I would recommend giving this one a try.

No comments: