Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kosmea Eighth Natural Wonder Revitalising Facial Serum

This is my final review as part of the mypure blogging panel for this month.

This is an anti ageing moisturiser and the packaging says that the powerful combination of hibiscus extract and organic rose hip oil form natures answer to cosmetic surgery giving skin an instant face lift. As I am now in my late 20's I have been considering purchasing an anti ageing night cream for the past few months so I was very happy to try out this one.

The packging is inoffensive. I do not love it but I do not hate it. I do not think it looks particularly high end considering the price. The product is a serum and there is a pump dispenser which makes it very easy to use(you just need 1 pump for whole face). The scent is quite strong(rose scent) but not unappealing to me.

I initially used this only as a night cream because I was concerned it would be too rich under my makeup in the daytime. I was very happy with the consistency of the product. As it is a serum it is not too heavy on my skin and it absorbed quickly although I did feel that it left a little film on my skin. After a few days using this as a night cream I decided to also use it in the morning under my makeup. I was quite happy with the results but I did not work as well as my usual moisturiser (boots botanics oil free sensitive moisturising serum).

Also I noticed after 2 weeks of use my pores were more clogged than usual and I developed one or two spots. I cannot say that this is definately a result of using this moisturiser but I do think that it is maybe a bit rich for me (my skin is combination/sensitive).

With regard to the anti ageing properties of this product I do not feel I can really comment on this. I have not yet noticed any wrikles on my skin (thankfully) so I was using this purely as a preventative measure.

At £25.00 for a 20ml bottle this product is not cheap. I do not think I will repurchase it but I think it is something that might work very well on more mature skin than mine.

To find out more about this product or to purchase it go to the mypure website:
http://www.mypure.co.uk/kosmea-b142?utm_source=Blogging&utm_medium=May2010&utm_campaign=Kosmea8thDay

No comments: