Tuesday, February 23, 2010

L'oreal Studio Secrets Primer


Hi there,
Today I am reviewing the L’oreal studio secrets professional smoothing resurfacing primer. This is a departure from my usual ‘natural product’ reviews but I heard so much good stuff about this primer that I had to give it a go.
My skin is combination & sometimes my foundation does not last very long in the oilier areas (especially around my nose) so I have been meaning to buy a primer for a long time. However the good ones are very expensive & there is always something I would prefer to spend my money on. Anyway I heard the L’oreal one was just as good as the more expensive brands so when I saw it on special offer in Boots for €14.95 I decided it was time for me to purchase a primer.

I was really excited when I bought it but unfortunately for me this was €14.95 wasted. I really wanted to like it so I experimented a lot and used it in a few different ways:

Day 1: I applied my moisturiser & waited 15 minutes, then I applied a small amount of the primer all over my face & waited 10 minutes, then I applied my Maybelline liquid minerals foundation.
Results: The foundation went on very patchy & skin was very dry in certain areas

Day 2: I applied my moisturiser & waited 15 minutes, then I applied a small amount of the primer just on my t-zone & waited 10 minutes, then I applied my Maybelline liquid minerals foundation.
Results: Once again foundation looked very patchy

Day 3: I applied my moisturiser & waited 15 minutes, then I applied a small amount of the primer on my t-zone & waited 10 minutes, then I applied my Estee Lauder foundation
Results: This was an absolute disaster, the foundation was so uneven, so patchy & I had to take it all off and start again (without primer)

The product claims to reduce the appearance of pores & undereye circles but I did not feel it really did this. Also I noticed that I developed little whiteheads around my nose after using it which I was not happy about.

I will not be using this product again & I think it has turned me off using primer for a long time.

What is your opinion about primers?

No comments: