Monday, November 9, 2009

Lavera Faces Balancing Cream


“A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.”~ Lao Tzu

Hi there, this is my brand new blog. I hope to review & discuss natural beauty products with particular emphasis on what is available to the Irish consumer. I will kick off by reviewing the first natural product I bought which is the lavera faces balancing cream. I read the following summary of this product on the lavera website & I thought it would be perfect for my combination skin:

'This gentle formula effectively nourishes and protects combination skin whilst helping to balance oiliness. Extracts of calendula, peach, apricot and other plant-based ingredients hydrate the skin and leave it feeling fresh and soft.Babassu oil, mango seed butter and witch hazel have a mattifying effect on skin, reducing shine. Vitamins C and E provide anti-oxidant protection against environmental pollutants.'

I was persuaded by the blurb so I went out & bought a 30ml tube in Nourish a few weeks ago.This product is widely available in health food shops in Ireland (although not Holland & Barrett) & I have also seen it in Clerys. I think the cost was approx eight euro (I will try to be more accurate with pricing in future).


I was impressed with the packaging. It is quite simple but has a pretty calendula flower (a type of marigold) on the front which cheers me up in the morning when I put on my moisturiser. I also really like the smell of the product which reminds me of chocolate orange.


I have now been using the cream for 4 weeks & I really like it. The cream does not feel too oily on my skin but I usually apply it 20 minutes before I put on my makeup. My skin is also quite sensitive & many moisturisers which I have used in the past have irritated my skin. This product does not irritate my skin at all. The only downside is that it does not contain an SPF (just vitamins C & E to protect the skin).

Thanks for reading. I will be back again soon to review more products.

No comments: